Monday 10 October 2005

Weekend Summary

A lot happened over the weekend for me, well just a couple of weird incidences. Anyway Saturday morning began with the extremely sad news of a robbery which occured right at my doorstep. Yes, some idiot came in and stole all of my shoes, well, he/she did leave the slippers and sandals. But nevertheless, my loafers, work shoes, badminton shoes and casual shoes were gone! Thank goodness I left my futsal boots and jogging shoes in the car. I kinda guess all of my shoes would have been on sale at the Uptown "pasar malam" that night. I just hope that whoever took my shoes and my family's shoes would get his/her just returns.

In the evening, the plan was to head out to Hartz Chicken Buffet at Sunway Pyramid to celebrate one of my colleagues birthday dinner but by the time I arrived there at 6pm, the place was already packed with people, majority Malays waiting to "buka puasa" or break fast. Not only was the place packed but there were tonnes of people lining up in front. So a change of plan was in order and I starved myself the entire day for nothing. Our whole group ended up in Manhattan Fish market eating fish and enjoying each other's company and chatting. It has been a while since we all went out for a meal together outside of work.

Sunday was a long day for me, woke up early for church and then headed over to have a round of futsal with my mates. Playing for nearly 2 hours was no joke and if I didn't drink milo before the match, I would have conked out early on. Still, I am grossly overweight and in need of more training in terms of fitness. Sunday evening was the main highlight of my weekend, I attended the Hitz.tv UVJ search live showing at Astro and the experience was mind blowing. It was the first time for me to be in a movie/tv studio and I really did enjoy myself. On this matter, I will post more updates as well as pictures taken with my camera phone.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

MArkie-Mark!
poor u losing ur shoes! GET A D-O-G, preferably NOT a shitzu or pomeranian so he can guard your house ferociously! not like my dog - big, but FRIENDLY.
*sigh*