Monday 26 September 2005

Mixed weekend

The weekend marked a good rest for me as I had plenty of free time to catch up on my sleep as well as learn a little bit more mandarin on Saturday morning. Basically, my entire Saturday afternoon was used to chill out and relax a little after an extremely hectic week at work but in the evening there were mixed joy and sadness. Sad because Liverpool drew 2-2 away while happy that Manchester United lost at home against Blackburn. Although Liverpool may be undefeated, I hardly call 1 win and 4 draws something to be proud of. Already shaky at the start of the season, I really do wonder how will they fair off in the Champions League trying to defend their title.

Sunday on the other hand was more fun because I caught "Flight Plan" at TGV in 1 Utama, don't ask me why I went to TGV. Ok I bought some coupons last time during their 10th Anniversary promotion which were going pretty cheap and GSC was totally packed. I blame that due to my last minute decision to catch a movie. The movie was a good thriller and I really didn't manage to guess the outcome of the show, for once. Usually most shows offer the same cliche style ending or storyline but I was caught a little off guard there.

Sunday evening was my highlight of the weekend. It was the Sheffield Alumni reception to celebrate The University of Sheffield's centenary year. Held at the luxurious Shangri-la hotel, the event was fun because it was a time of catching up and learning more about friends whom I have lost touch with. Everyone seemed to be fine and enjoying themselves, some of the bumming around and some of them reaching high points of their careers. The food was excellent and I guess everyone enjoyed the free flow of wine, beer and soft drinks. After chatting with old friends, I thought that how nice it would be to meet up again after 5 years. If only the Malaysian Sheffield Alumni would be a little more active, maybe I might have to do something about that.

0 Comments: