Sunday 10 June 2007

Kanna Curry House

It was a wonderful Saturday evening when Jon and I decided to go eat at a place called Kanna Curry House somewhere in section 17 and I thought, wow, banana leaf rice. Something I haven't eaten in a long while. We agreed to meet there for some nosh and after digging through my memory banks (yes my brain), I remembered someone telling me where it was (located somewhere near the Rothmans roundabout).

After reaching the restaurant, Jon arrived slightly after and we headed in. The first thing I said to him was, "Wow, the food smells great here. Oh, did you know this is my first time here?".

And that was when it all happened. Jon being Jon, he started throwing a fit especially for a PJ boy to not come and have banana leaf rice at Kanna Curry house.


In my defence.......well actually I didn't have any defence. Nothing came out of my mouth, so I said, lets eat. Using a strategy known as "the diversion". I mean what best to fill your opponent's mouth with mouth savouring food than to go head on and debate about which curry house is the best and where can you find excellent banana leaf rice.

But to be perfectly honest, Jon was right in every word he said. The food tasted great, looked great and smelt awesome. The fried chicken and the squids were fried to perfection. If any of you decide to go there again, please give me a call and I will gladly bring you there.

3 Comments:

NickTay said...

Don't you find it just a little bit too expensive?

oliviasy said...

kanna is expensive. cheow yang kayu is another expensive place.

Mark said...

Yup, total cost for two people that day was RM24. This included 4 drinks and 2 resam.