Monday 7 May 2007

Yesterdays by Switchfoot

Lately I have been listening to this song quite a fair bit on my iPod. The lyrics doesn't seem to suit me of course because I haven't lost anyone for that matter but the tune, arrghhh, its playing through my head quite often. So enjoy, "Yesterdays" by Switchfoot.




SWITCHFOOT - Oh! Gravity
"Yesterdays"

Flowers cut and brought inside
Black cars in a single line
Your family in suits and ties
And you're free

The ache I feel inside
Is where the life has left your eyes
I'm alone for our last goodbye
But you're free

I remember you like yesterday, yesterday
I still can't believe you're gone, oh...
I remember you like yesterday, yesterday
And until I'm with you, I'll carry on

Adrift on your ocean floor
I feel weightless, numb, and sore
A part of you in me is torn
And you're free

I woke from a dream last night
I dreamt that you were by my side
Reminding me I still had life
In me

I'll carry on

Every lament is a love song
Yesterday, yesterday
I still can't believe you're gone
So long my friend, so long

p.s. I just realised that this song seems to be a rather sad song and talks about a passing of someone. In any way, the lyrics does not reflect what I feel right now but I just like the tune of the song!

0 Comments: