Friday 15 July 2005

Too much food!

Sigh, I am still in search of a blog template that actually offers two side bars but I just can't seem to find any at all. I wouldn't mind trying to design one but I just do not have the time to really sit down and totally create one from scratch. Maybe I might take some examples around and tweak it here and there. I need to search around for some free templates online. I am quite a perfectionist hence the template change over and over again. Something useful but simple looking and professional is what I desire but that seems out of my reach currently. Will I ever come to find one? Bear with me.

I finally took the time to head down to Saisaki at Wisma UOA II in KL to try out the Japanese buffet which Chuen always describes. In true honesty I am not much of a fan of Japanese cuisine especially the raw stuff but evidently it is the raw stuff that actually makes your money worthwhile. I took one large helping of raw salmon, some fish roe sushi and unagi and I couldn’t eat anymore. The more I looked at it, the more it made me feel sick. So the next best thing was to wallop the other items such as grilled salmon, cheese baked oysters, various fishes, crabs and prawns and of course, Maggi mashed potatoes. Actually I took that because I was rather curious as to how they actually serve those mashed potatoes from a vending machine.

I was glad as I finally tried some okonomiyaki but there was only 1 type, the beef was pretty nice and the other fried stuff such as fried prawns, crabsticks and even hash browns were quite nice. They even served shark fin’s soup but it was the chawan mushi that cleaned my taste buds from the other weird things I tried. Too much of a sweet thing is bad and since the unagi was covered in sweet sauce, I could only manage a plate full. So much for my planned 3 plates of unagi to cover the cost haha.

1 Comment:

JoSh said...

Hey man my template has 2 side bars. If you want I can send it to you and you can play around with it. I really like my template and I'll probably change the background eventually, but the basic template is great.