Monday 15 August 2005

Celebrations

Hey its my mum's birthday tonight. Hope she likes the present me and Chuen bought for her. Sometimes its rather difficult to choose a present that she will like. Oh well, its too late to cast any doubts now anyway.

I managed to hop over to Lowyat Plaza over the weekend to purchase a spanking new 1Gb CF card for my spanking new X50v. Well, my eagerness ended spanking right back at me. After the purchase, I tried slotting in the card but due to my incredible ignorance to check which way was it supposed to fit in nicely, I ended up bending the connector pins. Its such an irony for me to actually screw up when trying to slot in a simple memory card especially since I am an electronics engineer working on designing electronic produtcs. Thank God I managed to figure out to slowly bend it back into position using my stylus. After a quick reboot everything was working fine. At least I learned something from soldering microsize capacitors, resistors and other components. Steady hands, steady hands!

I always look forward to playing futsal on Sundays and after my long absence (thanks to my knees). Yesterday was a great joy, the running and sweating, scoring a single goal and being a goalkeeper. Still the knee is not fully up to performance yet. Looks like I have to work harder on my weight loss program. After futsal, I went for lunch with my futsal mates and ended up in Taman Tun eating "lou shi fan" that tasted like food straight from heaven. Seriously it was that good, "Mama's Kitchen" located in Taman Tun Dr Ismail, a couple doors away from "Mou Tak Teng" officially serves the best "lou shi fan" in my book.

I have yet to write out two articles on Malacca food for Vincent's webpage. Maybe I might try it this weekend or maybe even tonight after dinner. Time, time, there is always too little time.

Today, I will begin a quest to learn as many new words I can as well as learn of the proper meaning to the ones I thought I new. Todays word shall be transgression.

trans·gres·sion Audio pronunciation of "transgression" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trns-grshn, trnz-)
n.
1. A violation of a law, command, or duty: “The same transgressions should be visited with equal severity on both man and woman” (Elizabeth Cady Stanton). See Synonyms at breach.
2. The exceeding of due bounds or limits.
3. A relative rise in sea level resulting in deposition of marine strata over terrestrial strata.
Note: taken from Dictionary.com

Finally the haze has left my housing area. I can finally see things clearly as well as breathe in some fresh air. Here is a picture my neighbour Yahkid took last week. Sorry there are no comparison photos about.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

eh, speaking of futsal... when's the next 'casual omgwtfnoobs' game? :D

JoSh said...

The first word that caught my eye in this post was SPANKING. Hahahaha.. I think I'm way too dirty minded.

Mark said...

Oh my goodness, Josh! Please do not use that word with Adeline....

Dinghy: Not too sure mate. Have to get the rest together for a session.