Sunday 18 March 2007

Completing the mark

Ok, the KL International Marathon ended a while back and I am glad to say that I managed to achieve my target of completing the 10km run within the qualifying time of 80minutes. Suffice to say, I did it in 80 minutes on the dot with a few seconds to spare. Of course it isn't the fastest but for an overweight guy, I think its a big achievement for me personally.


The last 10km run which I ran, which incidentally was my first run as well, I completed it in 95minutes with me walking most of the way and being completely left out from everyone. The sun was out and it was really hot that time. The route was interesting, I never thought that I would be running through Jalan Bukit Bintang and Jalan Sultan Ismail.

This time I made sure I could run within the qualifying time and at the same time be a little faster and complete it within the qualifying time of 80minutes. I am proud to say that I managed to do that as well as lose about 11kgs whilst training for it since January.

Only 12kgs more to go until I win my RM50 from Yee Seng this coming June.

Till the next time, my aching legs need some rest.

0 Comments: